Wednesday, January 4, 2017

The Biggest Girl Fearless Moment of My Life! What's Yours?


 
Recently I saw the preview for the movie Patriot's Day and aside from the obvious unfortunate circumstances I thought about the tenacity and determination of the runners.

And then it reminded me. I'm a two time full marathoner and thirteen time half marathoner. Wow!

I thought back to the first time I set out on this running journey and how I had zero confidence that I could run three miles, let alone 26.2.

Running the NYC marathon was absolutely the biggest Girl Fearless moment in my life.

I was fearful but determined and every milestone (10 miles, 18 miles, 23 miles) felt deeply rewarding in so many ways.

It gave me the confidence to know that whatever I set my mind to do, I can, even if I don't believe it at first.

It's something that I will carry with me always and all I had to do was try.

So, what has been the biggest Girl Fearless moment in your life?

-- Diana (aka Girl Fearless)


No comments:

Post a Comment