Monday, March 25, 2013

'I Need Your Help! Asia Tour Here I Come ' -- By Malaia Simms


This summer my sister and I are going on a tour of Asia with the Young People's Chorus of NYC. On this tour we will be visiting Hong Kong, Shanghai, Tokyo, and more. For the past month I have spent almost all of my time figuring out ways to fundraise for this trip. Instead of asking my parents for all of the money, I want to raise some money on my own. 
One source I am using is selling Silpada jewelry. Silpada is all sterling silver. It attracts people of all ages. Another source is a website known as "Indiegogo". This website helps raise funds for projects. It has been a bit discourgaing because I'm unfortunately not getting the response I would like, but slowly and surely responses are starting to come in!
This is a very important trip for my sister and I. Being able to travel the world at this age is something most teenagers do not get to do. I feel blessed by the opportunities I have been given and on this tour I am hoping that I will broaden my horizons by traveling to another continent and experiencing new cultures. As a young adult, I am always willing to learn new things.I am always willing to be #GirlFearless
If you are reading this visit, I'd greatly appreciate it if you could donate and/or share my campaign every little bit helps: igg.me/at/Malaiaandkaliatourasia 
-- Malaia Simms, GirlFearless Blogger
 

No comments:

Post a Comment